Roasted Citrus Butternut Squash
Roast squash with tomatoes and an orange sauce.
Write a review
- 1 Butternut squash, cubed to ~1/2"
- 1 Tbsp Ghee (or Butter)
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Pint grape or cherry tomatoes whole
- 1 Orange
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Apple Vinegar
- Set oven to 400F.
- Melt Ghee in microwave
- Toss diced squash in ghee, onion powder, garlic powder
- Roast squash until about half done ~15min, add tomatoes
- Juice the orange, including rind if possible
- Add orange juice, butter, soy sauce and vinegar to a saucepan and reduce slightly
- Pull squash from oven when it is nicely browned on the edges
- Add squash to sauce, toss and season to taste.
- If you have a mechanical juicer, juice the whole orange including the rind. It will make the dish have a much more assertive orange taste.
Steve Lammers PhD http://stevelammers.com/